Thursday, May 22, 2008

Motherhood

I've been thinking alot about motherhood the last couple days. Maybe it started when I was singing Thomas the Train songs all night at work, or the next morning when I brushed my teeth with Little Einstein Berry Burst toothpaste, or while on the way to a friend's house realizing I hadn't eaten breakfast, so I reached into the diaperbag and pulled out a tupperware bowl of dry cheerios and ate those. Then I thought of how often Eric and I are singing Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam, or The Wheels on the Bus at the grocery store (sometimes that's better than fruit snacks!) Then I remembered last week how Eric dumped 2 bottles of shampoo on the carpet and it took the whole day to get it out. And how Eric pooped on the rock outside, how he wears his underwear backwards (so he can see the pictures), thinks he has a tail on his front, and how often we catch him naked, or nearly so outside, and how Isaac bit a chunk out of Eric's potty seat. Then how one day Eric brought me a hershey kiss and said "Mommy, I love you." And Isaac has started giving me kisses. They're open-mouthed and super slobbery, but he loves it, and I know my children love me. I know it's all worth it because they're wonderful. They make me laugh and cry, but there's definitely more laughing. Sometimes I feel so inadequate and like I'm doing everything wrong. Then I remember the Lord and I know that He is helping so much, and that's how families work. I don't think I ever could have realized how much children changed my life, how happy they could make me, or how much I could love them before I had them. I am so glad to be a mother!!!

4 comments:

Caralee and Jon said...

I'm so glad you are doing well. It sounds like your boys are keeping you busy! Thank you for your thoughts on motherhood, I feel the same ways many times.

Josh n Betsie said...

I love motherhood too. Those little I love yous are the best!

Amber said...

I just love this post! And you are the most amazing mother EVER! I seriously will call you with any question or when I need a pick me up! YOU ROCK! Chat with you soon!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I didn't know you had a blog. Its good to keep in contact.